> I'd like to learn how to write kernel modules for Android. And I don't
> know how to start. I'm working on Windows XP and Ubuntu 9.10.
> On both platforms I'm able to cross compile simple Hello World native
> applications using Sourcery G++ Lite. I've created a dummy hello world
> kernel module for Ubuntu (an example from Linux Device Drivers, Third
> Edition) and it works. Now I'd like to do the same for Android - I
> hope it's possible at all.Where should I start? Getting sources from
> source.android.com (which project, all of them). How to build it.

The android kernel is linux kernel. You need a compiler/cross-compiler
depending on which arch you're running android and the kernel you're running
on the android platform.
Just building the module against the running kernel should be enough.

Giuseppe Calderaro

Computer Engineer
mobile (uk): +44 (0) 7552694103
mobile (it):  +39 3275330519