Hi, I'm a student working on an undergraduate senior design project,
and I've been reading up on your host patch because we are using the
HTC Sprint Hero in our project.  You seem to know a lot about the USB
so I was wondering if you could help me.  We are trying to take in a
serial string of data from a device through USB.  The device sends
data every second starting with a # sign and ending with a $ sign.  I
was wondering if you knew of a way to pole the USB data lines (by
their address or some other command) for the the # sign and then for
the $ sign.  Is this even possible, or is there maybe a better way to
try to accomplish this?