The G1 battery doesn't have a current meter (I assume you are wanting to
measure the current current draw), so there is no data for that.  The
firmware does some magical tricks to try to estimate how much the battery
has drained based on the hardware that is being used.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Chintan <chinta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to collect power usage statistics for the Android G1
> Phone. I am interested in knowing the values of Voltage and Current,
> and then able to collect statistics as reported here
>
> http://dl.google.com/io/2009/pres/W_0300_CodingforLife-BatteryLifeThatIs.pdf
>
> I am able to get the value of Battery voltage through registering for
> an intent receiver to receive the Broadcast for
> ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED. But the problem is that Android does not
> expose the value of current through this SDK interface.
>
> One way I tried is via sysfs interface, where I can view the battery
> current value from adb shell, using the following command
>
> $cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/batt_current
> 449
>
> But that too works only if the phone is connected via USB interface.
> If I disconnect the phone, I see the value of batt_current as '0'. I
> am not sure why the value of current reported is zero. It should be
> more than zero, right?
>
> Any suggestion / pointers for getting battery current value? Also
> please correct me if I am wrong.

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com