Maybe you can reinstall as described on developer.htc.com? If you avoid
using flag -w or clearin userdata and cach you might be able to reinstall
without loosing data.

On Mar 16, 2010 4:32 PM, "Neil" <neile...@gmail.com> wrote:

this 2.6.29-00479-g3c7df37 android-bu...@apa26 #19 update that was
released to my phone on saturday bricked my phone. so sluggish it is
totally unusable.
Getting app core not responding hangs and everything else hangs like
crazy. so bad it barely responds to hitting wait button after 30s, if
at all.
HELP!
any advice appreciated. Is there a way to reapply or back out the
patch. It worked great until this patch. It lags so much i can't make
or get a call, let alone do much more than hit menu and go to
settings. I'm barely able to remove apps, which i did initially,
thinking i ran out of the pathetically small amount of internal RAM in
my G1, which i was reminded of that same day when one small app which
i added noted that it could not complete install due to low storage
space. I have since struggled and succeeded in removing many apps
freeing at least 12MB of internal RAM. FYI, the phone reboots on it's
own over and over alot. Gotta pop out tha battery out within
30-60seconds of use too :(.  I'm a java dev by trade so if there is
something i can do beyond a hard reset (so i don't lose alot of notes
and my shazaam list and more, ugh)...that's be SUPER! I'm guessing
some app is misbehaving or the update didn't succeed or rollback
totally. any way to determine this?  If not the right forum,
apologies, please direct.
thanks in advance