Hi,
Building libmedia from the git kernel will obviously not use
snapdragon hardware features on the N1. Mu question is, will it even
work at all with the existing HTC-provided kernel? I don't want to
reflash the entire kernel, as I want the app to work on "normal" N1
phones.

I'm trying to implement a real-time video streaming app on the N1.
Using the Java-space MediaPlayer with RTSP gives me a 5-second delay
introduced, I assume, by PVPlayer's buffering. So I figured I'll have
to build libmedia and use software decoding to be able to display
frames as they come in. If anyone has experience with this and could
give me some pointers I'd be grateful. Thanks.