For a brief period, the touchscreen was being recognized.  In the
tsc2005.c file I added the following lines :

static int __devinit tsc2005_ts_init(struct tsc2005 *ts,
                                      struct tsc2005_platform_data
*pdata)

        // set_bit(EV_ABS, idev->evbit);
       //  set_bit(ABS_X, idev->absbit);
       //  set_bit(ABS_Y, idev->absbit);

         set_bit(EV_KEY, idev->evbit);
         set_bit(BTN_TOUCH, idev->keybit);

       //  bitmap_fill(idev->keybit, KEY_MAX);
       //  bitmap_fill(idev->relbit, REL_MAX);
         bitmap_fill(idev->absbit, ABS_MAX);

This worked and then it stopped...I did not change anything.

Any ideas?