Hi Jie,

There are indeed some kernel CONFIG options to enable console support
for a serial tty device. For example, there is one for the serial port
for sure. A serial device usually means it can be used as a tty
terminal, but to be used as a "console", there is additional work on
the driver. So you will see some kernel flags like CONFIG_NETCONSOLE
or CONFIG_SERIAL_MSM_CONSOLE -- they just control the 'console' part
of the driver. Some serial drivers don't have console support,
including some versions of the USB serial driver. If this is the case,
you might not be able to use the USB to get kernel messages -- unless
you add the console support in it. This is probably more work than
getting your current kernel to boot.

There is no generic way to troubleshoot early boot hangs. I think the
quickest way might be reducing the complexity of the new changes, and
make sure the kernel can boot before adding new features. If there is
still problem with minimal changes, or even the original kernel, I
really don't know... You may just need to double check if the kernel
was compiled and flashed correctly, and if you could get the LCD as a
console, that might help too.

Thanks,
Danke