Hi,
In general boot loaders on mobile phones are a different area than for
desktops.
This is because mobile platforms are advanced system on chips
containing
multiple cores of different types sharing memory and peripherals in
more or less
complicated schemes. A mobile phone bootloader may be responsible for
verifying
and loading firmware for the radio part (baseband chip), applications
processor and
other subsystems.This means they are often purpose written for the
specific chipset
they are to run on and often they are proprietary to the platform or
handset
manufacturer.

That said there is nothing technical stopping a boot loader from being
able to load
different OS options. With the amount of flash memory rapidly growing
I would
guess that this is something we may see in the future since storing
several
OS options on the device is possible. I am not aware of any boot
loaders that
can do this today on a phone, but on dev boards using uBoot or a
similar
bootloader it is already possible to have this tyoe of setup.

Regards,
Mattias