PLEASE stop asking this.  Seriously.  I have pointed to the code that
implements this in Java.  I have told you this is in Java so it is not
directly applicable to native code.  I have told you the NDK does not at all
define an event loop and you must make one yourself.  That is all there is
to it.

Just STOP this.

In fact, from a quick Google search, it looks like the GLib implementation
sits on top of plain Linux/posix APIs (you know, the same things in the
NDK), so you could probably just USE THAT CODE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_loop#GLib_event_loop

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM, Lukas Adamec <luk.ada...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to know, how event loop is implemented on Android? I need to
> implement my own event loop in C++ based on GLib library and its
> GSource and GSourceFuncs structs, especially functions prepare(),
> check(), dispatch(). So I'd like to get some information or source
> code first, how is event loop implemented on Android. I think, it can
> be useful for my implementation.
> I have some questions about it:
> 1. Is there some documentation related to this interest? Or where I
> can find source code relevant to event loop?
> 2. Is there some equivavalent to Windows pumpMessage / peekMessage or
> something like this?
> 3. Could you give me some advice, how could I implement event loop in C
> ++ based on GLib for Android?
> Thanks.

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer