A few minutes ago, I mis-wrote:
> Considering your orig question, note that this solution doesn't do
> IPtables foo, it is using ASOCKS, a Java SOCKS library, for
> non-transparent proxying, only for Tor-aware apps, the Orbot UI.

Sorry, above isn't quite accurate. To clarify:

The Orbot UI is not necessarily the only Tor-aware app on an Android stack, as I implied. Other SOCKS-ified apps (like a SOCKS-aware browser) can use ASOCKS to become Tor-ified. But, this solution doesn't include tsocks, so no Tor TransProxy stuff, aka no IPtables foo occurring here ...AFAIK. :-)