I would like to know the difference if any between Android Kernel
compiling and Android OS compiling.

Secondly if I want to compile Android OS with some default general
configurations then where I can get help for it. I have gone through
the source.android.com getting source and I have actually downloaded
the source using

repo sync command

After this I have no clue what to do. The info on source.android.com
is not enough for a beginner to understand the process completely.

I have actually got errors while compiling and those errors are not
understandable for me.

So I need help to successfully compile the Android OS and if Android
Kernel is something different from Android OS then I want to know
about this difference as well.

Can anyone help me please? I will be very thankful to any help.

Regards,
Asif