While noble, that sounds like an ambitious project at a time when most
arm distributions of android aren't AFAIK shipping with an enabled USB
host mode, or a way for users to gain permission to load kernel
modules.

To really test your drivers it may be necessary to find hardware or
make massive modifications to the emulator.  But just making sure your
code will compile, and having it well documented (along with any
quirks of the USB peripheral) would put someone in a position to try
building the driver for their arm-based android device in a good
position.