I think you mean not possible to chmod the file on a phone which is
not rooted.

And the answer is that you cannot solve this problem on a secured
device.

Nor can you load custom kernel drivers on a secured device to begin
with.

If you are building this into a release which user's won't have root
within, you could change the bits in the permissions field that
accompanies the name field in the attribute structure used to create
the sysfs "file"  - see Documentation/filesystems/sysfs.txt

Unfortunately, this method won't let you use android-style permissions
to control access.  To do that, you'd have to be able to assign the
group ID of the sysfs entry to a hard coded linux group matching an
android group that is assigned to applications with the appropriate
permission.