On Mar 3, 2011, at 12:26 AM, mike digioia wrote:

> Steve,
>
> From the first email seems like you can do everything. But now you say you
> can't boot the new kernel you flash. So how can you test the new kernel if
> you can't boot it? I understand you can test that you are successful with the
> fastboot flash command line response. But if it does not boot you can never
> tell what is wrong with this new kernel. Are you able to see the root
> filesystem on this device? Not much more can be done if it does not boot. If
> it boots up to some point, then you can look at the log and attempt to id the
> problem that causes it to not boot all the way up.

Hi Mike,

I'm certain of what I did wrong now.  I pulled the tegra tree from
android.git.kernel.org but I didn't do anything to get the right head.  So I
was missing some things.  This is consistent with the errors I saw.  Wifi had
trouble building and I was missing the tegra glue for ehci unless I manually
selected it (even tho I was building with the Xoom config file straight out of
/proc.)

So me being a git noob killed us.  I get the concept, but in practice I'm
highly error prone.

I believe I have 2 challenges:

1.  Figure out the correct git command to get the head from this link:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/tegra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/android-tegra-2.6.36-honeycomb
(I did this to download the CTC driver off the tarot website before, but I
don't remember the exact command)

2.  Figure out the correct environment.

I don't think it's OK to build in a gingerbread tree using envsetup and
"lunch".  Obviously some of the things are going to be crespo specific so maybe
I'm hosing myself.  I used that as a cheap and easy way of getting my
toolchains pointed to.

Then I just need to turn off mass storage and enable cdc ethernet and I'm good
to go!

Unfortunately, the big demo is today and it starts at 8am, so there's no time
now.  Have to go to get out there :(

Steve

--
Steve Modica