On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Vivek.Y <ansivivek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I am a newbie to this android world. I have some knowledge about
> linux. Can someone guide/provide me some stuff in-order to get a grip
> on android kernel development, devices drivers, porting and android

For kernel development and device drivers you will find a lot of
material online. What I can think of right now are:

The Linux Kernel documentation
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=tree;f=Documentation;h=a5aaefba6148852fd801a879856592372c9b9637;hb=HEAD
Follow this to get started http://kernelnewbies.org/
Slightly outdated but still effective, The Linux Documentation project
http://tldp.org/

I found no strict rules or guidelines for Android porting. As soon as
you have a Linux kernel(with Android patches) up and running on your
target platform you are few steps away from Android bring up on your
target. Better place is to ask such queries on Android Porting Group.
android-port...@googlegroups.com

Regards,
Amit Pundir