What I am suggesting here are a few things that you can do to
establish what's going on.   I think each one would be sufficient.

A few things you'll want to try:

1)  using getevent, look to see that both touches come in for EVERY
sync.
2) If you can, put your device on a logic analyzer and see if each
interrupt is being serviced by an I2C communication.
3) use the MultiTouch Viewer, look for flashing and swapping of
touches

Each of these will indicate that your driver is not servicing your
IRQs in time.  The fix is to turn on SCHED_FIFO and 'low-latency
desktop' in your kernel config.

Or, you could try simply turning on SCHED_FIFO and 'low-latency
desktop' in your kernel and see if that fixes it.  If you simply do
this without turning on the above, you might get flack from whomever
manages the kernel.

By the way, what type of resistive?  Is it a multi-zoned resistive or
a dual-touch resistive?   Is it single-touch?   What controller are
you using?  Your device may not actually support dual touch.

Hope this helps

Rob