(1) Android kernel has an additional set of drivers that support android
runtime. (ashmem , binder, logger are necessary)

These drivers are modular, so they need minimal changes to vanila android
kernel.

But starting point can be the linux kernel that runs on your board.

Then incorporate these drivers in the board kernel and build, that will
become android kernel.

This approach will help you port android to any hardware (including your
laptop), there are android ports to virtual machine/qemu also

(2) Specific to your question

Download the vanila kernel corresponding to your board.

Also download android kernel of any board (tegra-nvidia/beagle)

Version should match.

Download a tool called meld.

Do a diff of the vanila and tegra-android (drivers/staging and
drivers/staging/android) and u will visually see the tree differences and
code also.

(3) Summary:
Start with linux kernel that runs on your board and integrate android patch
to it

Tough Approach:
Take and android kernel and port bsp to it. (arch/arm/tegra)
BSP is a more distributed code than android code.

(4) MELD is the tool and
u can port chip driver (Board specific code) to advanced version of kernel
u can port chip driver (Board specific code) to Android kernel
u can port android drivers (Board specific code) to your board kernel.

(5) Fix each and every build error logically.