Hi,

Thank you for this great input.

I have implemented some state machine as per my requirements. Everything
works fine, except one.

I want to put device on sleep mode as soon as my timer goes off. I have
implemented timer and timertask in PowerManagerService. I'm calling
gotoSleep() method or PowerManagerService from the timerTask. but this
gotoSleep(0 doesn't get called somehow.

I have put prints in gotoSleep() but no prints comes up!

Any idea, what could be wrong?

2011/8/11 Hemanth(ヘマント) <hemanth....@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> The settings app updates the settings database with the timeout value
> selected by the user.
> See:
>
> http://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.System.html#SCREEN_OFF_TIMEOUT
>
> This value is read by PowerManagerService.java
>
> http://www.netmite.com/android/mydroid/frameworks/base/services/java/com/android/server/PowerManagerService.java
>
> It looks like it uses a state machine to transition between bright<-
> >dim<->off states.
> See setTimeoutLocked() and the Runnable that calls it , and
> setScreenOffTimeoutsLocked() for the poke handling that happens when
> you press a key to keep the screen on for some additional time.
>
> To get a better idea of the flow, it might be useful to enable the
> prints under mSpew. You can check the value of the class variables
> easily.
>

> On Aug 11, 2:13 am, Pratik Prajapati <pratik.prajap...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can any one please let me know, how/where the screen timeout is
> implemented?
> >
> > Its like when user does not press any key or touch on the screen, the
> screen
> > goes timed out and turn off the back light or reduces the brightness!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pratik

Kind Regards,
Pratik Prajapati