Hi,

I'm speculating a bit here..

-16 is EBUSY, so since you already know that someone is setting the
alarms, the next thing would be to look for who is using it. It does
look like it is not a kernel problem.

You can set the alarms from Alarmmanagerservice.
Perhaps, you can dump the service from the shell and check who is
setting the alarms.
"adb shell dumpsys alarm"

You can see an Alarm Stats section where the number of wakeups and
such are printed.
The user whose wakeup count has increased after a short interval is
probably the one setting the alarm.