Hi
I download the android sdk and create an avd for android-10
then I launch the emulator with that avd
and try to delete a system apk in /system/app

so I do

adb remount
adb shell rm /system/app/Browser.apk

but it complains
"rm failed for Browser.apk, Directory not empty"

but in my AOSP build , Browser.apk can be removed

I check 'mount' , I think my /system/ is writable
"/dev/block/mtdblock0 /system yaffs2 rw 0 0"

therefore I use strace to see the log
in my sdk emulator, it return -1 in unlink

" unlink("/system/app/Browser.apk")      = -1 ENOTEMPTY (Directory not
empty) "

so I checkout the source of kernel from github and build the kernel to
see what happens

remote.origin.url=https://github.com/android/kernel_common.git
branch.android-goldfish-2.6.27.remote=origin

and boot the emulator with my kernel
the apk can be deleted now

so my question is

1. why cannot I delete the apk in /system/app
2. where can I get the correct and same kernel source as SDK uses??

thanks