Hi,
I am trying to by-pass the default camera viewfinder and making an
application which will give the Surfaceview some continuous jpeg frames
(instead of getting it from Camera view finder)., but I have realized its
quiet a gigantic task and I have to modify the files in the
framework/core/jni(native calls), framework/core/java and services and
client as well and even the CameraHardware.cpp for this
as Surfaceview(Surfaceholder instance) connected with the mCamera
instance (as  the fully initialized SurfaceHolder is to be passed to the
setPreviewDisplay()(which is connectd with the Camera Hardware code).So i
wanted to ask these questions:

(1) Is it possible to bypass the default camera view finder at the
application (android application code) level.
(2) I am able to generate the video by passing the continuous jpeg frames to
* image view*(running in a thread being spawned form the main thread until
i press stop), can I also  in some way pass these frames to Surface
holder(surface view so that I can see the video in the viewfinder- my
understanding is that Surface holder is responsible for the viewfinder on
the camera)
(3) Any other way to implement this without delving deep into the Android
framework.
Plz suggest .
Rgds and Thanks for your reply
Saurabh