hello.

i am trying to build the android source yet i don't think i need to.
my goal is to build (after changing the code) several libs from the
android libraries
so i want to ask a few question to see if i am on the right track:
1. I downloaded the source files using repo as mentioned in
http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html.
     what is the difference between this source code and the one i can
get in github : https://github.com/android?
2. Just to make sure if i want to work with android 2.3.3 i should
download the android-2.3.3_r1.1 tag from github?
3. I downloaded the android platform frameworks base which include the
opengl source files. all i need is to create
    the libGLESv2.so and other .so files. do i need to build the
entire android source code for that? can i just create
    a new project , with the relevant source files and compile it
to .so file using "arm-linux-gcc"....

thanks everyone, for the support