Hi,

I am now trying to do something to make the kernel be better at
tracking energy consumption, and I am using HTC Incredible 2 as my
development device. However, I got confused when dealing with MSM
platform. I just cannot understand how MSM chipsets implement battery
fuel gauge. It seems that phones based on MSM processors do not use
any individual fuel gauge IC such as MAX17042 or DS2784. I guess that
MSM processors have their own fuel gauge IC integrated in the
chipsets, and communicate with these IC via MSM RPC, but I am not sure
for this. In fact, I don't know what MSM RPC is and how it works
either.

So in sum my question is how MSM based phone sense battery voltage and
current? Besides that, materials introducing MSM RPC will also be
helpful. Can anybody give me some instructions on how to get the
answer? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Pei Wang