What you really need is to get the thread group leader pid by using

task_tgid_vnr(current)

and use that pid in whatever name lookup function you have. If you
still can't get sensible thing, you probably want to have a look at
proc_pid_cmdline() function in fs/proc/base.c to see how it copies the
argument buffer from another process's vm.

Regards,

Rong