I had the address wrong, so upon reboot, it got stuck. I modified it
to be the last part of the RAM, and the sig seems to be 0xffffffff
always. I'd like to know how to "force" a panic, so I could check
whether it writes something or is the sig still 0xffffffff. The size
is 1M.

As I understand, when panic happens, RAM stays full of memory. Then,
when reboot, ram_console checks if there is a sig with the data, and
then writes it to last_kmsg, right?