Hello,

well before starting with any kernel related work I need the kernel
source but i have no idea how to get it.

I use this howto http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html
("Getting Kernels" part) but whenever I execute the command the only
thing I get after an apparently successful download are some folders
and a 400 Mb .pack file. When I trie to clone the git repo with e.g.
the eclipse git plugin an exception is thrown.

Any ideas what's wrong with the git repo or with my approach, or does
anyone knows another source where to get the kernel source code from.
I don't think that it is available via http://opensource.samsung.com/

Btw: I need the kernel for a Nexus S running ICS (official update).

Thank you very much :)