Hi,
During kernel panic, as the name suggests kernel is going to die. So its
not a good idea to save logs at that time.
However, you can Register your function in panic_notifier_list. Your
function will be called during panic. In that function, you can modify how
the device should reboot or any other suitable action.
After arch_reset, ram dumps can be saved to mmc card either through
bootloader or by using mini kernel concept (allow a separate kernel to boot
which will save ram dumps into mmc).
Old Ram data exists till kernel boots again after reset. Not sure how in
your case ram content is cleared. Ram data is cleared only when battery is
removed.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Rudolf Tammekivi <rtammek...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a device that has MMC card inside, with the partition table. My
> question is, if "panic" happens, can I use apanic module to save the log to
> MMC not to the MTD partition? I did try ram_console, but the problem with
> that is, my device's RAM is cleared out after restart, so I can't get the
> logs.
>
> The platform is MSM7X30.
>
> Regards,
> Rudolf.