Hello all,

I am currently trying to figure out how i could intercept and redirect
the opening of files.

What I want to do is to show different telephonebook entries depending
on the current time or maybe the current location without the
telephonebook app beeing aware of this redirection.

So i thought that i could create several telephonbook .db files
containing different information and redirect an open file syscall. My
problem is that i dont really know where to start or how to implement
such a modification. I could of course hook the syscall table but I am
not sure if this is a good solution - I dont want to write a rootkit.

If someone has some hints on how to achieve this I would be really
happy.

Thank you very much :)