I followed the steps in the forum (
http://www.schaeuffelhut.de/wordpress/?p=237&cpage=1#comment-384) to get
the linux kernel source and and cross compile my module. The kernel version
of the google nexus one is exactly the same as in the forum. I initially
tested with my test module hello-1.ko which got installed on the android
device successfully. But when I am installing my module ec.ko on the
android device using insmod, I get the following error.

apurva@apurva-Inspiron-1464:~/RA/MultFlowSync_Ahmad/thesiscode_final/android_ec/ec$

adb shell

$ cd sdcard/data/ec

$ ls

ec.ko

$ su

# insmod ec.ko

insmod: init_module 'ec.ko' failed (No such file or directory)

#

 It is clear that the file ec.ko is present. But I am not sure why it is
not picking the file. I did the same thing for hello-1.ko and it gets
insmod pretty fine. There is no permission issue, and ec.ko gets the same
permission as was obtained by hello-1.ko.

 Now this bring me to the question, Are there certain limitations of a
kernel module in an android device because this module gets insmod in
Ubuntu. Next action for me is to go for a hit and trial method and check
what lines in ec.c is causing the problem. Meanwhile if you some
suggestion, please let me know.