2012/3/30 gloria zhao <zhaozl1...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks a lot. Why goldfish only have 2.6.29 kernel。。。。
> What means hardware supported in kernel?
it means you need the right kernel (with correct kernel config) for
things to work.  Also the specific version of the kernel (2.6.29 vrs
3.0 or 3.3) are not all that critical to providing the needed ABI to
the user mode part of the system to work.

> For example, I use android-omap defconfig, and select options to
> support omap. However after compiling, still cannot use Emulator to
> run the kernel
> I guess the problem is about no real omap instrument.

That would be my guess.

--mark

> On 3月31日, 上午1时56分, mark gross <mark97...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> the emulator expects to have emulator hardware supported in the
>> kernel.  If you don't have support for it in whatever you are building
>> it will behave just like hardware does and not work.
>>
>> the kernel git for it is in the
>> AOSPhttps://android.googlesource.com/kernel/goldfish
>>
>> it has one interesting branch for android-goldfish-2.6.29
>>
>> --mark
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM, gloria zhao <zhaozl1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I have tried many versions of Android kernel, and many wiki/
>> > instructions said after compiling, use Emulator -avd XXX -kernel
>> > zImage......
>>
>> > However, only the goldfish kernel can work in this way
>>
>> > Could you please tell me is it real that any version (eg:common) can
>> > run on Emulator?
>> > Please!!!!!!!
>>
>> > --

create interesting things.