I am the current lead developer of the Replicant project, which aims to
provide a fully free Android version for a bunch of devices (mostly
Google phones).

Recently, I obtained a GTA04 device, which is actually an OMAP-powered
replacement board for the GTA02/Openmoko Neo FreeRunner phone, in order
to provide newer hardware in the same spirit as the Neo FreeRunner
(basically, providing the first phone running fully free software on
CPU). GNU/Linux ports to the GTA04 have already started and Replicant is
in charge of porting Android (we are CyanogenMod-based though) to the
GTA04.

There is a stable 3.2 kernel[1] that most GNU/Linux distributions are
using and that we wanted to use for Android too. Though, we didn't find
any official Android-enabled 3.2 kernel so we are wondering what to do.

I guess people here can give good advices to help us figure out the best
way to do things. Android repos[2] provide 3.0 and 3.3 kernels with
Android parts. We have already started to backport Android commits
regarding adb and usb composite from 3.3 to the 3.2 kernel[3] but it
doesn't work well: see [4] and host dmesg output [5].

I have the same problem when importing linaro's omap 3.2 androized
kernel commits[6].

I couldn't tell what the problem exactly is here but adb doesn't
recognize the device and neither does lsusb. Though, if I disable
Android USB gadget, USB networking works just fine.

[1]:
http://neil.brown.name/git?p=gta04;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/3.2-gta04
[2]: https://github.com/android/kernel_common/branches
[3]: https://gitorious.org/replicant/kernel-gta04