Hi all,

I have been using a linux 2.6.29 kernel with ANDROID 1.6 and I am
planning to migrate to ANDROID 2.3.

As that kernel has a lot of changes by the silicon vendor that I have
been using and a number of modifications by me I would like to avoid
to apply the several patches to a newer kernel in order to run ANDROID
2.3.

So I am wondering that it is feasible or not what I am going to do in
order to avoid to discover only at the end that it was not possible.

That is, ANDROID 2.3 and newer version like 3 and 4, do they
specifically require a more updated kernel than the one I have been
using? Do they require specific new kernel features? If yes what? If
yes do you think I can back port those new features to the 2.6.29
kernel?

Thanks and Ciao!

Marco