Hi There,

I am using a pandaboard , and I have ubuntu chrooted from android.
i have a framebuffer that i want to overlay on the android side ,
which is being produced on the ubuntu side.
to share memory , I know i can use "ashmem" or "ion_alloc"  , but i
dont want to use them as it would involve a
buffer copy, before passing it to the to the Display Subsystem for
overlay,
What I want to do is, use "IMG_native_handle_t" in "hal_public.h"
at : http://androidxref.com/source/xref/hardware/ti/omap4xxx/hwc/hal_public.h
the comment above "fd" field says that:
/* The `fd' field is used to "export" a meminfo to another process.
     67          * Therefore, it is allocated by alloc_device_t, and
consumed
by
     68          * gralloc_module_t. The framebuffer_device_t does not
need a
handle,
     69          * and the special value IMG_FRAMEBUFFER_FD is used
instead.
     70          */
     71         int fd[MAX_SUB_ALLOCS];
but i couldn't get much info or sample code on how to "export"  fd to
another process?
can anyone help?
Regards,
Nimesh