actually this happens because OpenGL|ES loader is called twice: I see in
the logcat two times:

D/libEGL  (   67): egl.cfg not found, using default config
D/libEGL  (   67): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so
my copybit is loaded correctly
D/libEGL  (   79): egl.cfg not found, using default config
D/libEGL  (   79): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so
..
..
my copybit fails to be loaded
..
..

the Loader is implemented in
<gingerbread_code>/frameworks/base/opengl/libs/EGL/

does it make sense? why loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so is loaded
twice?

Marco