Looked in to the clock_gettime() it is not going to work as it has to be
called inside the process, also it gives the total time taken for a
function to complete. This will include the time other processes was using
the CPU as well ryt?

Yes my goal was to make a process consume more processor by lowering the
nice value. Thank you for the link it explained it nicely. However I did a
calculation using only utime(process time spent in user space) it didn't
show any significant increase after lowering nice and worse when the
application is in the background( by pressing the home button) utime
difference is zero. Don't know if kernel space time is increased, but seems
very unlikely.

These are the results,
   pid: 263
              dutime: 8      7786       7778
            priority: 10
                nice: -10

                 pid: 263
              dutime: 8      7794       7786
            priority: 15
                nice: -5

                 pid: 263
              dutime: 7      7801       7794
            priority: 15
                nice: -5

                 pid: 263
              dutime: 4      7805       7801
            priority: 15
                nice: -5

                 pid: 263
              dutime: 9      7814       7805
            priority: 15
                nice: -5

                 pid: 263
              dutime: 8      7822       7814
            priority: 5
                nice: -15

dutime is the difference of utimes in 5 second intervals.

when it's pushed in to the background,

                 pid: 263
              dutime: 9      8264       8255
            priority: 5
                nice: -15

                 pid: 263
              dutime: 0      8264       8264
            priority: 5
                nice: -15

                 pid: 263
              dutime: 0      8264       8264
            priority: 5
                nice: -15

the difference in utime is zero..

So this brings up a new question, How can I make a process consume MORE
processor time?

Any ideas?