you means the shell is 'adb shell' ?

let me know the other way to access the kernel buffers through the shell

As I know, To access kernel buffer on log_system like below must used to T32
 DEFINE_LOGGER_DEVICE(log_main, LOGGER_LOG_MAIN, 256*1024)

 DEFINE_LOGGER_DEVICE(log_events, LOGGER_LOG_EVENTS, 256*1024)
 DEFINE_LOGGER_DEVICE(log_radio, LOGGER_LOG_RADIO, 256*1024)
 DEFINE_LOGGER_DEVICE(log_system, LOGGER_LOG_SYSTEM, 256*1024)

kernel/drivers/staging/android/logger.c file included above all.

thanks.