Hello list,

I started to receive binder: <pid> RLIMIT_NICE not set messges

I dig ino the code and found that
 binder driver tries to restore saved priority ( or set it to min) and
calls binder_set_nice( long ??? nice ) function with incorrect value
This function does not check its argument and honestly tries to
set_user_nice.
It fails, but instead just reporting the error it still continues to try
figure out RLIMIT_NICE and calculate priority.

So far I have several questons:
1. In which process context we change priority, i.e what is current pointer
here? since this happens on binder_transaction reply path, so I suspect we
are inside the server process which is just came to its logic end  and
passed transaction to client.
so there is no need to change server priority because it has no work to do.

2. Is it more convenient and logical to make  priority decision at user
space , say in  IPCThread code ? (aha, context switch)

Thanks you all.
L.