I'm trying to debug the Android phone while it is stuck in a "boot-loop".
Are there (especially Android-approved) any tools that can help with
printing any kernel messages to the console of my Linux terminal so I can
at least see how far the phone gets in the boot stage process?  Is
BootChart what I need?

The primary issue is that since the phone can't make it to a stable state
where ADB works, I don't think I can use those commands since the daemon
can't detect the device.  My phone only makes it to the "Google"
splash-screen, of which I'm not sure how far along in the boot process that
is, with my customized Galaxy Nexus Maguro image.  I've modified "socket.h"
to override INET with a different kind of protocol that will pull the
protocols out of the kernel space.  I've only modified how it registers in
the following way:

-#define AF_INET                2       /* Internet IP Protocol         */
+#define AF_FINS                2       /* FINS:  Override for INET     */
-#define AF_MAX         39      /* For now.. */
+#define AF_INET        39      /* FINS:  added this to hold old Internet IP
Protocol entry     */
+#define AF_MAX         40      /* For now.. */
 #define PF_INET                AF_INET
+#define PF_FINS                AF_FINS

A kernel module I have built against the Android kernel code will need to
be inserted which will connect the kernel to Userspace FINS which will
handle the internet protocols, but without ADB I can't use "insmod" or even
"logcat" or any useful commands.  Only "fastboot" works.  Is there a
verbose version of fastboot I can enable?

Also, at what stage of the Android boot process does the kernel actually
care about the internet protocols for netwokring, such as INET?  Where in
the process would not actually being to set up the INET socket affect the
phone and the phone crashes?

Any help or guidance in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, I
am trying to learn as much as I can about the Android boot process and the
underlying role the kernel plays in this process and how it works with
networking (documentation I have currently found does not mention the
kernel's role in networking).