Hello,

I've been working on the 2.6 goldfish kernel but so far been unable
to update to any 3.x kernel successfully within the emulator. I'm
using Ubuntu 64-bit as the host OS.

I've been able to compile goldfish using branches 3.0 and 3.4 successfully,
with an updated goldfish_arm7_defconfig and fixed YAFFS2 sources. However
the emulator would not boot past the initial kernel stages, with no animation
coming up and several messages like these:

VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 3 part 30 variant c rev 0
goldfish_rtc goldfish_rtc: setting system clock to 2012-08-21 00:16:01 UTC
(1345508161)
Freeing init memory: 108K
init: cannot open '/initlogo.rle'
yaffs: dev is 32505856 name is "mtdblock0"
yaffs: passed flags ""
yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 31.0, "mtdblock0"
yaffs_read_super: isCheckpointed 0
save exit: isCheckpointed 0
yaffs: dev is 32505857 name is "mtdblock1"
yaffs: passed flags ""
yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 31.1, "mtdblock1"
yaffs_read_super: isCheckpointed 0
yaffs: dev is 32505858 name is "mtdblock2"
yaffs: passed flags ""
yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 31.2, "mtdblock2"
yaffs_read_super: isCheckpointed 0
init: cannot find '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh', disabling 'flash_recovery'
$ eth0: link up
warning: `rild' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)

They seem to indicate a problem with the MTD subsystem not recognizing the
partitions properly. The fs images and ramdisk otherwise work when using the
prebuilt and custom built 2.6 kernels.

Thank you