Le mardi 6 novembre 2012 05:36:00 UTC+1, Manish Sharma a écrit :

> Hi,

Hi

>    I want to find out the current process name. I tried current->comm but
> what I get is "Binder Thread #" with different thread numbers. For ex. I
> get "Binder Thread#' from comm for id.defcontainer.

The reason you get this is because name of threads that are part of the
same process may be different.

> Any suggestions on other possible method to identify current process name?

Solution 1 : get the ref of the task which id matches the tgid of the
current task. Calling find_task_by_vpid(current->tgid) should return the
task corresponding to the "process" in which the current task is running.
You can then get an access to its comm attribute

Solution 2 : get cmdline value of your task. To do that you need to take a
look at how it is done in fs/proc/base.c
The main advantage of the second solution is that you will get the complete
name of the process. If you choose the first solution there is a chance
that you only get a part of the name if it is too long. The siez of
current->comm is limited to 15 characters if I'm not wrong