Le 19 nov. 2012 22:44, "J Ral" <androidd...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi Emeric,
> First, thank you for the reply. I am using some libraries off of the
device and compiling it for android before pushing it to the device. Few
things work though, I can get NMEA and status information such as number of
satellites. Those callback functions work but not location, not sure why.
Is it still the IPC restriction?

I can't say with so few information from the symptom of the problem.

> I would like to use C since I am used to it, but if it is in no way
possible then I will switch to java and feed the values to the C program.

Well, I invite you to read android ndk introduction on android developer:
http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html
"you should only use the NDK if it is essential to your app—never because
you simply prefer to program in C/C++." Don't be afraid, java is very
comprehensive to c developers. The opposite is probably not true...

> On Monday, November 19, 2012 10:19:21 PM UTC-5, m-ric wrote:
>>
>> Are you using android ndk to compile your c program? If so you would
probably notice that there is no IPC support in it. Then no android'ish way
to call IPC from a c program...

>> What don't you just do your gps tweaking in java, there is a full GPS
api in android java framework, isn't it?

>> Emeric
>>
>> Le 19 nov. 2012 13:43, "Android Dev" <devan...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>> Not sure if this is the right place to post this question. I am trying
to access the GPS device driver outside the java framework. I refer to
gps.h from hardware_legacy. In my c user program I get the sGpsInterface
before calling init with the callback functions (I only implemented three
of them and left the rest pointing to empty functions). After calling start
it fails complaining about IPC communication. Any idea? Is it supposed to
work or am I missing something?