Hi Peter,

I know on phone with singed image it is not possible but once you have
rooted phone with patch in kernel (configuration ) to enable v4l driver you
should see video0 node as a character device and after giving permission
0666 in board specific rc application should be able to access directly.

Please check this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCN6VUyUl9o

I have done all this but not sure why i am getting EBUSY error on open
function when trying to open /dev/video0 ( this error number is 16 : device
or resource busy). I don't know who else is using /dev/video0 or what is
the cause of it.

Thanks
Himanshu Jain