Porting Device Specific code from Android Kernel to Linux Kernel is a
simple task as per my experience.

Take the Android Kernel and the Corresponding Opensource Linux Kernel.

Use a diff and merge tool like meld and you get idea about where the board
specific code (arch/arm/machine) for instance lies.

(2) Android Kernel is nothing but the linux kernel taken from
kernel.organd patched with android specific drivers like ashmem,
binder.

So remove these drivers and also the code patched to make these drivers
build.

That should be the linux kernel.

(3) Making linux work on your galaxy device is two step process.

You need to create a root file system comprising of buildbot binaries or
rfs taken from debian.

And make the kernel boot with that root file system.

This gives an idea only, implementation involves more issues I believe.