El Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:25:59PM -0700 TheLoneJoker ha dit:

>    Could someone please tell me if the notion of "Android Wakelocks" still
>    holds good ? Or has it got merged into the mainline kernel and goes by
>    another name/API ?

the wake lock made its way into the mainline kernel with the autosleep
patch set. the following document provides a good overview:
http://www.sisk.pl/kernel/LCNA/autosleep.pdf . the notion of a wake lock
persists (kernel/power/wakelock.c), though it isn't anymore specific
to Android

best regards

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Developer

      In itself, homosexuality is as limiting as heterosexuality: the
     ideal should be to be capable of loving a woman or a man; either,
      a human being, without  feeling fear, restraint, or obligation
                          (Simone de Beauvoir)
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-