Hi,
>> My doubt is whether ueventd be already running when my driver's resume
>> method is
>> being invoked .

I'm not sure what you mean by this ... if its a Uniprocessor system
any way only one context can execute at a time. So when your resume
code is being exectued, nothing else would be running. The udev daemon
would have executed some sort of "read" system call in the netlink
socket (the uevents are sent to the userland via netlink sockets).
When your driver or any other driver sends a uevent, eventually it
gets added into this socket which will bring the daemon to "run"
state. Whenever it gets a chance to execute it would pickup the event
from the socket and process it.

- Shankar