Hello folks,

I had some issues concerning the TCP performance of android. First I had
some tests with an Nexus S were I first saw them, but since on this device
there was a costum kernel with a lot of changes in the TCP Stack, I used my
Nexus 7 to run the Tests. In my testbed I had just a server connected to a
WIFI access point and my tablet connected to that access point.
First you can see in the packet dumps, that some packets are obviously not
captured. However, the performance viewed from the server side is rather
bad also.

In the same setup I used my laptop with the same test (just transferring a
file) and had good results, meaning a quite non varying transfer rate,
linear increasing sequence numbers, etc.

So the question is why is androids TCP stack performing so badly compared
to the normal linux kernel. I guess the CPU of the Nexus 7 would be
powerful enough for a 3,5 MByte/s connection?

Is this a known issue or can anybody confirm that behaviour? I used android
4.2.2 if that matters.

Packet dumps:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4960985/tcp.zip

Thanks,