My compiled from source kernel (samsung gingerbread phone) has some problems,
it boots, but the lcd panel does not work correctly,
The lcd goes to black  very quickly but the backlight stays on.

I compared /proc/kmsg of the working kernel on the phone and the compiled kernel

The not-working kernel does not handle the adreno gpu :

kgsl kgsl-3d0: |adreno_start| device started status 0
kgsl kgsl-3d0: |adreno_stop| device stopped state 2

and it does not power off the lcd panel.

LCD start lcdc_trebon_panel_off

Any hints on how to solve this?