HI All,

In the function_fs driver in 3.10 kernel, for every functionfs_bind
the next_string_id is incremented.
But on an unbind I could not see this getting decremented.

This counter is getting incremented and when it reaches 254, the USB
connection was failing consistently,
as there is a check in usb_string_ids_n (snippet below)

        if (unlikely(n > 254 || (unsigned)next + n > 254))
                return -ENODEV;
        c->next_string_id += n;

We could see the next_string_id being made to 0, in composite_dev_cleanup,
but this path was not being taken in functionfs case.

Is similar change or a decrement of next_string_id required while we do
functionfs_unbind also?

Thanks and Regards
Anjana