I could really use some help.  I've created a build environment (Ubuntu
12.04 VM) and have all the necessities to build.  The build has compiled a
total of 5 times for my phone (LG Optimus Logic (L35G)), with 5 different
kernel sources. Each time, the build bootloops.  I've tried reading through
the dmesg output from bootup, but I really just need to know how to add ics
support to a kernel source.  This phone has a close cousin with all the
same hardware (LG Optimus L3 (E400)) that had ICS officially ported to it,
but these phones are more different than one would expect, and that update
(when loaded onto my phone) does not have WiFi or base-band functionality.
 What can I grab from my (working) gingerbread phone to put into this
update to allow it to work?  How would I go about modifying the source to
build ICS for this phone?

Thanks to any who happen to see this and reply, I've been working on this
for 8 months now...