Hi Paul,

Linux kernel build system does not allow any warning. So there are treated as
errors thus break the build.
Now the warning is quite explicit, and is located in some obscure DSP driver
for your chipset (Qualcomm).
what you have to do:

1. Open the file adsp.c
2. go to line 1082 and try to understand what the code does. Especially the
string comparison (strncmp)
3. try to find a safe fix.

Or check what recent patch has been applied on this file. One might fix your
issue:
 $ cd <path/to/your/linux>
 $ git fetch <mainline,or,qualcomm-repository>
 $ git log -- arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp5/adsp.c

The file may have moved from drivers/staging to arch/arm. Where you see it now.
Why? Because staging is the place to put a driver which is still in development
or needs cleanup.
Once it is ready, it can go the place where it belongs depending on its type.

Emeric